Tuesday 7 February 2012

Farhan defends Akshaye Khanna’s joke

A few days ago, Akshaye Khanna made news for being “upset” with his friend and Dil Chahta Hai (2001) director Farhan Akhtar. Khanna had stated that he was “angry with all of them”, including Farhan and Race director duo Abbas-Mustan, for not offering him roles in their new films

but ask Farhan about the outburst and he defends his colleague, saying, “There’s nothing to be offended by. I know Akshaye really well. And sometimes, people misunderstand his humour.”

The director-actor insists that Akshaye has already joked with him before. “He has told me the same thing in person, ‘I am very upset with you. You have never worked with me again.’ But that’s Akshaye and he’s a dear friend,” Farhan says.


Ask whether the public rant will discourage him from casting Akshaye in the future, and he replies to the contrary: “I would love to work with him again and he knows that. We have tried to make things work (in the past) but they just didn’t. It’s a matter of time (before we work together),” says Farhan.

Farhan also hit headlines recently for another reason – attending Salman Khan’s 46th birthday party. “People forget that we have known each other for many years, and tend to overlook that amidst all the chaos that’s going on in the industry. What’s significant is that if someone invites me and I know him well, then I will go. I have a great relationship with him, so why should I not attend the party?” wonders Farhan, who is readying to start shooting for his upcoming acting venture, Bhaag Milkha Bhaag, to be directed by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra.

No comments:

Post a Comment