Friday 20 January 2012

Viveik Oberoi says i’ve got a nice smile: Tanvi Vyas

After what she terms as "a boring and slow 2010 and a slightly better 2011", Tanvi Vyaswants this year to be a happening one for her. 

Her Tamil film Eppadi Manasukkul Vandhai(How you came into my heart), which marks her big-screen debut, is all set for release in the near future, and Tanvi is eagerly waiting for the same. "All those who have seen the film till now have heaped praise on it, which makes me feel very optimistic about the box-office outcome. While it is a love story, there are quite a few twists and turns and the fact that all the characters have grey shades to them makes it a very interesting film indeed. Once this film releases, I think it will make a huge difference to my career and I will sign new projects only after that. I have been in talks with a few producers and directors, both down South and in Mumbai, but it will take a while for something substantial to materialize," says Tanvi, who did Gujarat proud by winning the Femina Miss India Earth crown in 2008. 

Talking of her immediate goals, she shares, "Focusing solely on my career is on top of my wish list this year. Besides, I am this huge travel buff and would like to explore a lot of new places this year. Last year, all I could manage was a Dubai trip. While people invest in property and all, I am the kind of person who will probably spend whatever I earn on travel!" 

Tanvi, who flew down to Vadodara for a few days on New Year's Eve to celebrate the occasion with her parents, says that she had a refreshing time at home, "It was after three months that I had come to Vadodara. I just wanted to lie down in my room and soak in the feeling of being in my own home, rather than going out and meeting people. In Mumbai, most people just buy club passes and party till late. I didn't want to do that." 

Recently, she did a print ad, where she worked with Viveik Oberoi. Talking of the experience, she shares, "I had met Viveik once at the Mumbai airport while I was in school. When I told him about the incident, he instantly remembered it. While shooting, he shared his entire love story with me and told me a lot of lovely things about his wife. He also complimented me, saying that the mole on my lips makes me look very pretty when I smile. I also loved meeting Suresh Oberoi, who is very humble and an amazing human being." 

So is she enjoying her stay in Mumbai? "Well, it has been about six months since I shifted and it takes a while to get used to the pace of life here. Thankfully, most of my classmates from my M S University Fine Arts days are in Mumbai and they have been a great source of support. But for them, I might have run back to Vadodara in the initial days. Professionally, it's a good city to be in but when it comes to quality of life, very few cities can match Vadodara," she signs off. 
We certainly agree on that, what say?

No comments:

Post a Comment