Thursday 23 June 2011

Bhushan Kumar, Divya expecting their first child

After Abhishek Bachchan, we've learnt that it's producerBhushan Kumar who will get a taste of fatherhood. This will be Bhushan and wife Divya's first child, due October. 

The couple wed in 2005. Says the to-be papa, "I am thrilled. It's a double celebration as my last release Ready has become a big hit. Till now we haven't spoken about it to anybody except family. I am breaking the news to BT. Our families wanted us to have children immediately after our marriage, but we weren't ready at the time. Divyawanted to become a director, I wanted to establish myself as a producer and we wanted to travel around the world a bit. We decided to wait three years... a wait that grew longer as we got caught up with pending work commitments." 

Bhushan adds, "We decided it's time to plan a family now. My dad (the late Gulshan Kumar) used to tell me, 'I am giving you so many things and pampering you... I want to come back as your child and I want you to take care of me the way I have taken care of you.' We don't mind if it's a boy or a girl, whatever we get will be God's gift. We will think dad has come back to us." Has he told buddy Salman? "Not yet. We have kept it just in the family this far. Even the film industry people or close friends don't know." 

No comments:

Post a Comment