Monday 27 June 2011

I'm dating my work: Aarya Babbar


Flaunting a chock-a-block diary, Aarya Babbar is 'Ready' to take on Bollywood; Tollywood's ruled out for now

You were seen in "Paapi". Which is the next Bengali film we see you in? 
There have been offers post-"Paapi". Sadly, I cannot take them up as I am busy with my Hindi ventures and cannot spare dates for any Bengali outing. I would love to do another Tollywood venture when I have the time.

Talking of ventures, how are things shaping up post-"Ready"? 
Things are shaping up fantastically well, post this release. In fact, I was on a signing spree after I had inked the "Ready" deal and while I was shooting for the same. As of now, I am basking in the success of the film and savouring the appreciation. I am waiting for the release of my next titled " Azaan". In the meantime, I'm canning the shots for four Hindi ventures apart from my next Punjabi film.

Doesn't it bother you that in spite of having potential, you are approached for character roles in Hindi ventures? Why not wait for a lead offer? 
I am practical and not stupid. I don't want to say that I'll only wait for lead roles. Why waste time when the audience today is ready to give due credit to actors apart from the lead characters? Agreed that "Ready" was a Salman film. But in how many Salman films will you find a character like mine being noticed? Fact is, these small things will, one day, help me reach my bigger goal.

And what is your bigger goal? 
I am not someone who stupidly thinks 20 years ahead. My goal has just been achieved, which is
making me super busy. I have three to four releases in hand and, I hope, next year, I'll take bigger strides.

Talking of your Bollywood ventures, you are shooting a film with Govinda and Suniel Shetty. Care to elaborate? 
As of now, I am working on four other Bollywood projects. The movie in which I am shooting with Govinda and Suniel Shetty is called "Afra Tafri". It is a situational comedy. I am a huge fan of Govindaji. So, when I was in college, I used to bunk and watch his films. I am super excited and looking forward
to it.

Your first Punjabi film went on to become a superhit and now you are shooting your next. Does it give you a high when you think that you are a star in the Punjabi film industry as compared to your baby steps in Bollywood? 
It feels good when people appreciate your work. I thank God for this. It is their love which makes me work hard and do more and more films. There are very few actors today who manage to achieve this much love, affection and recognition for themselves. I am happy that I am one of them. In future too, if good Punjabi films come my way, I do not mind doing them.

Okay, talking of Prateik, you had lashed out at him when he called Abhishek (Bachchan) his brother. What bugged you the most? 
That's the past, let's leave it at that.

Prateik or Aarya, who is the lambi race ka ghoda and why? 
That you should ask the father (laughs). I pray and wish we both work very hard, we both make our
parents proud and hopefully, work in future together.

Moving away from films, you made a directorial debut on stage with "Ekjute" and now you are planning a sequel... 
Yes, I have already written the script for the sequel which would be called "Gorki + Tinku - Crazy Panti Ka Alien Attack". I am super excited about directing it but I am struggling to find time to come out with a play because of my hectic shooting schedule. I am thinking of showcasing it around Diwali .

Did you ask for help from sister Juhi in this case? 
Obviously, my sister Juhi, my mother, my father matter a lot in my life. Their suggestions are always valuable for me. Once I was directing a comedy act and I wanted to incorporate an interval in it which was not there in the act. I told Juhi, but she said that it was not required and later on, she explained how it was not needed in the act. I realized that she was absolutely right.

Right then, you are young and dashing. What's keeping you from falling in love? 
I am not the type of person to talk about my relationships, whether I am committed or not committed. I think, if you are in a relationship, you need to give 100 per cent to a woman. I would love to have women in my life but, as of now, I am packed with my work and concentrating on my career. You can say, right now, I'm dating my work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment