Tuesday 21 June 2011

I don't want another break: Aftab

He has been in the industry for more than a decade now, but actor Aftab Shivdasani still doesn't have a hit to his name. But the chocolate boy is unperturbed and says that he has absolutely no complaints and is happy with the way his career is shaping up. "I don't want to analyze anything. I'm just going with the flow," he says. 

Aftab is now back after a short hiatus (his last release was Aao Wish Karein in 2009) and says that he is thoroughly enjoying every bit of his comeback phase. "The break was intentional and I wanted to spend some quality time with myself. In the 11 years of my career, I hardly found time for myself. But now, after this break, I feel rejuvenated and replenished. I don't want to take another break," he states.

The actor has started his second innings with Bin Bulaye Baaraati, that hit screens recently. "I play Aditya Singh, a lovable crook who is in love with Shreya (Nisha Kothari). Both Adi and Shreya are on the run from the police and gangsters and take refuge in a village. But things take a different turn when they bond with the villagers and become their saviours from a local dacoit. The film is replete with all elements essential for a commercial potboiler — comedy, masala and action. I enjoyed this outing as I got the opportunity to work with some of the biggest names in the industry," says the actor, who has also done a cameo in Abbas-Mustan's Players.

Aao Wish Karein failed to create ripples at the BO. Would he like to don the director's cap? "I have no intention of directing a film. I'm enjoying my stint as an actor," he says.

But is he a safe bet for producers? "If the budget is right, the chances of a film becoming a hit is more compared to a low-budget film. Audiences come to theatres to watch a film and it's our duty to entertain them," he says. Is he willing to expand his base by doing films in the south? "I have not got any offers till now but why not?" he signs off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment