Friday 17 June 2011

I would have been a farmer: Dharmendra

Sitting in an imperial chair that signifies power and his celebrity status, Dharmendra is still the same. The legend has no airs even as he boasts of a four-decade-old career, as the child in him is reluctant to embrace stardom which brings along arrogance and attitude. 

This Dharam has a new shade of naram (soft from face) apart from being garam (warm at heart). And the same warmth will be extended to the contestants of Color's India's Got Talent, which also marks his debut on television. So how did he agree to do television? "There is a right time for everything and I think the time is right for me to do TV, so I agreed. The show is like a walk down memory lane.

I too was a contestant in the past. Had that contest not taken place, I wouldn't have been what I am today. I would have lived my life in oblivion as a farmer. There is a lot of talent in the interiors of small towns who are getting to showcase it. There weren't such opportunities during my time." Talking about his approach as a judge, he says, "I won't be stern. Yes I am an emotional man and would acknowledge talent.

I will laud for those who impress me but will not insult someone downright but will choose my words carefully to send my message across. We are opinionated about almost everything even if we have no clue about the craft of making it. We give our verdict to whatever we come across. It's an easy task but yes I would have my own way to pass my judgment. I will try to add some beauty to my comments which would motivate the contestants rather than disappoint them. I will add humour and my style to it." 

No comments:

Post a Comment