Tuesday 24 January 2012

Genelia D'Souza Keeps me on my toes: Riteish Deshmukh


Love is in the air in Bollywood, especially for the cutest pair of Riteish Deshmukh and Genelia D'Souza who have decided to take their relationship to the next level. The couple will tie the knot Feb 3.
After hiding their relationship in the past and by stating "we are just good friends" now finally Riteish has spoken up about his love life. After seven years, the two actors are coming together in "Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya" which is expected to hit theatres Feb 24.
Riteish told IANS that Genelia kept him on his toes in the film. "No matter how well you know that person but when it comes to the professional level it's a different person and that's a wonderful part. Suddenly, when you work with a competent actor it's challenging. Genelia always keeps me on my toes. Every day I feel that I can do better than her but she kicks my ass."
Riteish, who has some wonderful films to his credit, felt that Genelia was a better actor than him. "I think Genelia is a better actor than me."
Riteish firmly protested that marriage was not going take away his freedom from him. "I don't think there is any sort of fear that my freedom will go for a toss."
"I think when you are seeing each other for so long the question of freedom doesn't arise. You tend to know each other so much, besides we both have been very private," he said.
"We tried to give dignity to our relationship in the privacy that we maintained," Riteish said.
The actor can't stop himself from praising his better half-to-be. On what made him feel that Genelia was the one for him, he said: "One out of the many, I like Genelia's smile and energy. She is very vibrant and energetic. As an actor she has an immense amount of energy in her."
Will a real life couple click as a reel life pair. Riteish said: "I remember a friend of mine telling me that when real life couple comes on screen together some people feel that the chemistry between them would come naturally."
As a couple you tend to say a lot of stuff in one line because you know that person well and understand. But in a film you try to convey this to a third person, he said.
"On the other hand, there is a certain amount of comfort on the sets and some amount of liberty you get," Riteish said.
(Uma Ramasubramaniam can be contacted at uma.sagit@gmail.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment