Friday 27 January 2012

When Anupam Kher refused to sign an autograph


Anupam Kher's happiness at being at the Lit Fest was not the only reason for the big smile on his face when we spotted him. He had managed to get an autograph of Oprah Winfrey, that too on the cover page of his book.
He told us, "We were staying in the same hotel, Rambagh Palace. And when I met her, I presented a copy of my book to her. She gave her autograph on the book and said that the title of my book is a very powerful one," said Kher, for whom this Lit Fest was the first time he experienced it as a writer. "Till now I have come as a common man, a reader. But now I have been invited as a writer. I think it's a great way to connect with people who read you," added Kher. And then, a strange thing happened.
As we were talking, one of his fans, a young college student, ran up to him to ask for his autograph - on one of Chetan Bhagat's book! Kher refused to sign an autograph. He said, "Yaar, tum kitaab laye ho Chetan Bhagat ki, aur autograph maang rahe ho mujhse!"Hmmm... Point toh hai, Kher saab!

No comments:

Post a Comment