Tuesday 31 January 2012

Mommy wants Esha and Ahana to be independent


Hema Malini and her daughters Esha and Ahana Deol will no longer stay under the same roof. Rather, under the same ceiling any longer. Hema has decided to let her two daughters have their independent space. And thus, she has converted the family bungalow in Juhu to a four storey building – one storey each for the three women in the house and the ground floor for their family occasions.

Speaking about her decision to let her daughters live independently, Hema told Mumbai Mirror, "It's better this way, no? I've converted our bungalow into a four-storey building. Esha, Ahana and I occupy three floors. We all are free to come and go as we please. In this way we're still together and yet we lead independent lives. The ground floor is for our family members  and there's a dance hall there where my daughters and I practice our Bharat Natyam."

Explaining why she took this decision, Hema said, "Esha and Ahana will eventually have their own family. I wouldn't want them or me to be unprepared for their life as wives and mothers. I have completely stopped interfering in my daughters' lives. They can do what they like. Esha has decided not to do any films at the moment. Ahana is undecided about her future. I think I should let them be. They are mature enough to handle their lives."

No comments:

Post a Comment