Tuesday 31 January 2012

I still feel like a newcomer: Hrithik Roshan


Hrithik Roshan has tasted big success after a long time with " Agneepath" and the Bollywood heartthrob says the overwhelming response to the movie has motivated him and he is geared up to take up more challenges now.
Directed by Karan Malhotra, "Agneepath" is the remake of Amitabh Bachchan-starrer 1990 film of the same name, which was not a commercial success. But producer Karan Johar's decision to give it a makeover is paying him rich dividends - the film's opening day collection was Rs.23 crore. Excerpts from an interview:
'Agneepath' has taken a historic opening....
History used to be my worst subject in school and it's suddenly become my favourite now that "Agneepath" has created it!
You visited different theatres....
Yes, I visited theatres and kind of re-lived the 'Kaho Naa... Pyaar Hai" sensation once again, only this time I was able to absorb it better. I went to Chandan, PVR and of course Gaiety. The reactions were deafening and soothing at the same time.
"Agneepath" is the first hit of 2012. Comment.
It's weird because until the release of the film, I really didn't fathom what we were up against! I really didn't realise the extent of the risk we had taken and what we would stand to lose if it had not worked? Incredibly, that fear was non-existent through the making of the film for bothKaran Malhotra and myself.
In retrospect, now we agree that it was because of the script, which had totally engulfed us as artistes leaving no room for any other emotion to fester. We gave it our heart. So somewhere it makes complete sense that this "Agneepath" has its own individual identity and stands apart from the earlier classic. I am completely overwhelmed, relieved, thankful for the kind of appreciation it's getting.
Were you nervous on release day?
Yes, extremely nervous and empty. Playing Vijay Dinanath Chauhan somewhere depleted me I guess. I needed something to fill me up again before I started " Krrish 2". I was afraid that if I didn't get that pat on the back, my next journey would become extremely tough and burdened. Anyways all that is history now, I'm all fuelled up and ready for the biggest challenge yet again.
The best compliment you got?
The spontaneous hug from my dad in the middle of a conversation. The tears of joy in my mom's eyes, Sussanne reminding me in her broken voice of the faith she had in me - my proud, proud sister and grandparents.
I still feel like a newcomer and every time the people who I look up to from the industry have a nice thing to say about me, it fills my heart with joy. It feels good to belong to a world where we can give and receive love without agenda or ego. Also it becomes my biggest source of motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment