Tuesday 13 September 2011

I am a firm professor of self-belief: John Abraham

Thousands of people throng to the Mount Mary church every year to offer thanks and prayers for whatever they desire in life. 

I am an agnostic, which means that I believe in the presence of a supreme being but I pay my respects to all religions. I visit the Siddhivinayak temple, Haji Ali dargah and also Mount Mary church. I believe in doing good; it transcends all religious beliefs. My biggest affirmation in life is that faith can move mountains. I strongly believe that faith is the energy that attracts everything you desire. And Mount Mary church is the kind of place where you get to witness the power of faith.

The annual Bandra Fair holds a lot of special memories for me since my college days, when I would pay a visit there with my friends. Whenever I go to Mount Mary, I ask for everybody to be happy. I can never isolate myself from the people around me and ask for something for myself alone. We are all connected to each other in some mystical way, so my prayers are always that people around me be happy.

I am a firm professor of self-belief, which is something my father (Abraham John) instilled in me. Since I was four years old, I've believed that if I want something to happen I have to believe in it. Whatever l have achieved is because of my self-belief.

My father is a Christian and mom (Phiroza) is Parsi Irani, so there was never a religion I was forced to follow. I hope and wish that anyone who goes to the Mount Mary church and Bandra Fair prays with faith and self-belief, and that they will get all they ask for.

As told to Tushar Joshi

No comments:

Post a Comment