Thursday 22 September 2011

I wouldn't do the Playboy shoot again: Candice Boucher

From Playboy model to Bollywood starlet,South African model Candice Boucher has covered a lot of ground. 

But the Durban-born 27-year-old model with the fabulous bod, explains she only did the magazine shoot, in which she is featured prancing around nude in the Kenyan wild, because "it was the right time, right place, right photographer and the right crew."

"Given a choice, I wouldn't do the shoot again," says Candice, who graced the cover of the magazine in an African-themed setting. The photo spread included shots of a nude Candice rubbing her derriere against a bristly tree, with some wild elephants in the background and another shot that showed her stark naked under a shower.
But the model-turned-actor, who is in India ahead of the release of her forthcoming film alongside debutant Sachiin Joshi, reveals that being photographed in the buff was relatively easy. "The fact that I knew Raphael Mazzucco, who also shot my previous campaign, helped a lot. I was very happy with the photographs and the pictures got great reviews," she says.

Despite all her great work, she seems dismayed that she could not meet Playboy mogul Hugh Hefner. "I was supposed to meet Hugh in June last year, but it didn't work out. Later, he apologized for not being able to meet me," she says.
Candice, however, does not remember being quite as confident as a teenager. "Earlier, I couldn't even look people in the eye. I was a quiet, stay-at-home kind of person whom you'd never find outside," she recalls.
When she was 17, a photographer spotted her and sent her pictures to a modelling agency. "Since then, the journey has been great," says Candice.

Quiz her about her Bollywood debut and how it came about and she replies, "I knew what Bollywood is about as it's very popular in South Africa due to the Indian population there." And landing the part in her first Bollywood movie wasn't tough as the director, Prashant Chadha, was an acquaintance. "I've known Prashant for sometime now. When he had a role in mind for me, I was happy to be a part of the project," says the actor, who's even done an item number for the film. "I am not a great dancer, but I worked hard on the songs that I needed to do. I used to get up early in the morning to practise my moves. It's been a great learning experience for me," she signs off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment