Monday 26 September 2011

I want to be known as the last action hero: John Abraham


John Abraham says, he feels very strange when people ask him about six pack and eight pack abs since he is one of the pioneers in starting the trend of good body.
"I have always maintained my body, I have always had toned body. If you go back and watch my movie, "Jism", my first film released in 2003, I had six pack then. After that, suddenly heroes have got six packs," says John, who believes that Akshay Kumar is the fittest man in the industry. "Having a six pack doesn't mean you are fit. True level of fitness is that of Akshay who can climb several flight of stairs without feeling tired," adds John.
""Then probably I am also one of them,"" he says while giving his trademark dimpled smile. ""My body is my religion, gym is my temple, I come here to pray. The only place where I get sanctity is my gym. I appreciate actors who have fit bodies. I don't look at it as competition, we complement each other. It will be great to see more actors with good bodies, after all it is a visual medium, "" says John.
And now with the trend of action-oriented films of heroism that began with Aamir Khan's ""Ghajini"" and taken forward by Salman Khan in a big way, John would like to make the most of it with his action-packed film " Force" which is scheduled to release on September 30.In fact, he would want to be known as the last action hero of Bollywood. "The senior actors have done action three times I have been here for and I feel there is space vacant for the new action hero. Younger heroes are more into romcoms, seniors are more into comedies and other stuff. I want to occupy the space of action hero. I want to be known as the last action hero of Bollywood," says John.
Talking about "Force" where he plays a cop, John says the film has some real action sequences which is not been seen ever in Bollywood. "Salman Khan and Ajay Devgn have been doing action but when you see "Force" you will know what action I am talking about. It is real action, simply amazing. Action director Allan Amin says, he has not shot this kind of action in 27 years of his career," says John.
But, to meet the demands of commercial cinema, romance remains the heart of the film. "Force"" is Mills and Boon meets Stallone. When I saw the original in Tamil, "Kha Kha Kha" which had Suriya and Jyotika in the lead and was released some time in 2003, romance stayed with me for a week. After watching the film I told Suriya, I fell in love with Jyotika and Suriya said that even he fell in love with Jyotika and they got married," John narrates with a laugh.
"No, but I am not in love with Genelia (female lead in "Force")," John laughs heartily.

No comments:

Post a Comment