Saturday 23 July 2011

I may or may not get married: Abhay Deol

Recently on a not-yet-telecast episode of Simi Garewal's show, Abhay Deol got candid about his personal life. 

Abhay Deol, totally unlike his reserved family, decided to spill the beans about his personal life on a television show hosted by Simi Garewal. He's always been considered the black sheep of the Deol family and he agrees that his image has been portrayed differently from the other Deols. 

"I didn't come across as the person they imagined me to be from that family so I was written off, so everything was in context to my family not to who I was." 

Being the most rebellious in the family, this dimple-cheeked boy moved out at the age of 18 and went abroad to study. He also made some revelations of his behaviour during college. 

Professionally, Abhay had a rocky start. His debut movie, Socha Na Tha where he played the boy-next-door, was a sweet rom-com and bombed at the box office. He proved his mettle in Dev-D and that set him apart from the other Deols who are known to be commercial actors. 

His views differ from his family on many levels. When asked about his take on marriage Abhay said, "I think marriage is a cultural thing, it's my opinion that nature doesn't tell someone to get married. I may or may not get married but I will settle down in a live-in." The actor is currently residing with his girlfriend Preeti Desai (Miss Britain). 

No comments:

Post a Comment