Saturday 30 July 2011

Life is like Bubble Gum for Sohail Lakhani and Delzad Hiwale


Screen siblings Delzad Hiwale and Sohail Lakhanishare a lot of traits with the characters they play in Bubble Gum. 

Says Delzad who plays 14-year-old Vedant,"I had decided that I just had to get this role. Vedant is so much like me. I have had my share of crushes and I am naughty too. When Sanjivan sir (the film's director) said yes, I was speechless." Hearing impaired and mute since birth, Sohail Lakhani, who plays Vedant's elder brother Vidur, communicates using sign language on screen as well as off screen. He signs, "Delzad steals in the film and I have to pull his ears and even beat him to get him back on track. But in real life, he is very sweet. The cast and he attended a special workshop to be able to talk to me. I feel as if he is my brother in reality. I have found a true friend in him."

"He gets very sentimental," mumbles Delzad and then pipes in, "We had a great time working on Bubble Gum. It was like a great, big picnic. For now, the duo has their fingers crossed as the film hit theatres yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment