Friday 22 July 2011

Sidhu gets BJP nod for Bigg Boss


The BJP's high command has finally given its nod to cricketer-turned-MP Navjot Singh Sidhu for his participation in reality show 'Bigg Boss'. Sidhu confirmed the development with a boisterous 'Chak de phattey! Here I go!' 

So, finally, you are going to the house... 
Yes. And I am pretty excited about it. It was a long wait before we could reach a conclusion.

There's a lot of money involved... 
I will not talk about the money.

You'll become the first sitting MP to be on the show... 
That's all thanks to God. Whatever I do, I put all my effort in it. For me, work is work and I dare not take it lightly. But one thing is for sure, if I get into the house you will get to see a different Sidhu. 
Will your participation jeopardize party plans in the upcoming Punjab assembly polls? 
Everything's being done keeping the elections in mind. Politics is my first priority, but I want to do more. The election dates aren't coinciding with the show. Else, I wouldn't have taken up the offer.

What is your opinion about " Bigg Boss"? 
There's too much negativity inside the house. I will try to make the atmosphere completely positive. I'll go as an achiever and return as one. My aim would be to put an end to the constant bickering. Nineteen years as a cricketer, eight years as a politician... I think I have a good experience.

What do you mean by 'People will see a different Sidhu'? 
I have been exhibiting different traits in all my pursuits. Those who have seen me playing had a different perception about me. As an orator I am in a different mode and as a comedy show judge people have seen my funny side. But for "Bigg Boss", I will be in the real spirit of Sidhuism.

So, which side of you will be exhibited in the house - spiritual or political? 
Well, people have never seen my spiritual side. But there will be no politics for sure, though politically correct replies will be there.

But on this show, the bottom line is politics... 
What's done inside the house is petty. Zabardasti ki controversies ko agar politics kehte hain to main is sab se bahut door hoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment