Thursday 28 July 2011

Shraddha Kapoor likes reusing vintage pieces


Shraddha Kapoor shares her fashion mantra

What is your style quotient? 
Style to me is an outward expression of your individuality. It's an extension of your beliefs, thought processes and the person you are. It's a reflection of your moods, your biases and your experiences. My style of dressing is extremely personal. I am impressionable only to a certain extent. The rest of it is my personal concoction consisting of my favourite trends. My favourite outfits right now are suspenders, bow ties, and as always, I love quirky details. I absolutely love colour, so I love experimenting with that.

Which are the colours you prefer? 
My favourite colours are purple and yellow, and I love to experiment with other colours too. Purple has been a childhood favourite and recently I feel in love with yellow because I discovered that it complements me.

Your must-have accessories. 
I love to splurge. If I fall in love with a particular thing, then there's no stopping me from acquiring it. More than shopping and acquiring new things, I strongly believe in reusing and restyling vintage pieces. Luckily, my mom and aunts have a beautiful collection of vintage pieces which they gift me sometimes, and which I love to use. I have a pretty good collection of shoes and accessories.

Your idea of party wear? 
I don't like to be totally 'decked up' and unrelatable when I'm going out. Although I love to dress up, a very striking part of my dressing is that it is very individualistic. I could wear anything from jeans to shorts to maxi skirts or dresses, but the styling is the most important part, ie how to team things and put an outfit together.

Your little experiments in style? 
I recently wore a pair of stalkings with hearts running down the centre. Also quirky hairdos, bright suspenders, my favourite geeky glasses, bow ties, etc.

As told to Bushra S Khan

No comments:

Post a Comment