Thursday 29 December 2011

Abhishek Bachchan changes daughter's nappies


He might be a hard core Mumbaiker, but actorAbhishek Bachchan says his heart lies in his favourite state, Uttar Pradesh. And this is precisely the reason why AB Jr tried his level best to convince director Shaad Ali and producer Aditya Chopra for a sequel to his hit comic caper "Bunty Aur Babli". "But unfortunately the sequel isn't happening," rues Abhishek, who was in Lucknow for the promotion of his film " Players" on Monday.
Adding further, he says, "We couldn't come up with a good script for the sequel to "Bunty Aur Babli". And now, I feel that the characters were in a journey which can't be stretched any further. But cities like Varanasi, Allahabad, Kanpur and Lucknow are close to my heart and I wish I could come here more often. As of now it happens only if I am shooting for a movie here or when I am promoting one."
But of course, the top most query on our minds is about Junior B and his sleepless nights post Beti B. Ask Abhishek how life has changed after his daughter's arrival and he shrugs, "Life hasn't really changed for me," but hurries to clarify as we look on astonished, that, "I have been very busy promoting my film and so I didn't get enough time to spend with my daughter. Ash is looking after her 24x7, but whenever I get time I do help her out." In fact Abhishek calls himself a pretty hands on dad as he goes on to add, "I do change her nappies if she wakes up in the night. As a couple we decided to do everything ourselves and not take the help of any maid."
At the same time, Abhishek says he's pretty confused. "My daughter's looks keep on changing. When she was born, I thought she looked like Aishwarya, but then after a few days she began resembling me. Even people who visit us have different opinions. There isn't any uniformity. But I hope she looks like her mother though... it will be scary to have a girl with a stubble and all! (laughs out loud)
Morphed pictures of Ash and her daughter made much news, but apart from issuing a clarification, the Bachchan family has not shown any inclination to part with her photographs. Now that she is a month old, we wonder if there are any plans of releasing the Bachchan kids' first picture? "She is too small right now. Plus, I don't understand why everybody wants to see her? But don't worry. We will organize a press conference for her first picture," laughs Abhishek and signs off.

No comments:

Post a Comment