Thursday 29 December 2011

A friendly call for Vedita Pratap


Actor and model Vedita Pratap Singh, a Lucknow gal, is riding high on success. After having garnered a lot of critical praise for her role in "Bhindi Bazaar", Vedita is now busy shooting as the lead opposite Karanvir Bohra in Hemant Madhukar's "Mumbai 125 Km", a 3D film.
Vedita, who was in the city to collect an award of a Young Achiever bestowed upon her by Subhash Ghai's academy, tells us more about the film. "It's a horror thriller and is a very interesting film.
I'm playing the lead in the film and with me is Pakistani actor Veena Malik," says Vedita. "We have been shooting in the jungles for the past 50 days for scenes in which the actors are all being killed one by one and I'm exhausted," she laughs. "We shoot the whole night and then I come back home at around 6 am. Sleep for a few hours and back on the sets again at 5 in the evening. So it's as if I have lost all sense of time," adds Vedita who recently appeared in an ad with actor Saif Ali Khan.
Acting with the temperamental Veena Malik, one can't help but ask Vedita about her Pakistani counterpart. "Veena is a thorough professional. She comes on time, she shoots on time and she keeps to herself. She has shot with us for 15-20 days but she never interacts with any of us. She gives her shot and sits in her vanity van. Whereas my co-star Karan and Anupama have a blast on the sets," says she.
Vedita regrets having come home for just a few hours. "Yes, my flight also got delayed and I hardly got any time to spend at home. I visited my mom just for fifteen minutes and then rushed back to catch my flight to Mumbia." But she is looking forward to a long New Year's break which she will be spending with friends in Goa. "I'll be relaxing and unwinding completely in Goa. It'll be just friends, music, partying and swimming in Goa. See you next year," says she as she signs off.

No comments:

Post a Comment