Thursday 29 December 2011

Chunky Pandey: Poonam ensures ‘Pandey’ surname stays badnaam!


Actor Chunky speaks about the hotter Panday - Poonam, and his superstar status in Bangladesh

He tickled our funny bone as the Indo-Italian 'Akhri Pasta' in "Housefull" and is now all set to leave us in splits in the film's sequel. Chunky Panday is all geared up for a busy 2012 and will be seen in another sequel, "Kyaa Super Kool Hai Hum" ("KSKHH"). 

"I'd never acted in a sequel and suddenly, I'm acting in two! The 'Akhri Pasta' character is the only one which will be carried forward to the sequel from the original. Once "KSKHH" releases, I think the cast and crew have to apply for anticipatory bail because it's a total crazy film. This time, we've gone absolutely over the top with the slapstick comedy," says the actor who also stars in "Hum Hain Rahi Car Ke" starring Dev Goel and Adah Sharma in the lead. 

This Panday has company in showbiz - Poonam Pandey. "A lot of people have asked me if I'm related to her. I've looked up my family tree, but she's not even closely related to me," quips Chunky, adding, "But, I'm very happy for her. She has made a lot of noise and is ensuring that the Pandey surname stays famous and badnaam." 

It is a little known fact that Chunky commands a huge fan following in Bangladesh where some of his Bangladeshi flicks went on to become big grossers. Quiz him about his popularity across the border and he laughs out loud. "I keep telling Anil (Kapoor) - 'You went to Hollywood, I went to Bangladesh'. But yes, my movies have done well there and four to five flicks went on to become cult films. Right now, I'm caught up in Mumbai but my event management company is very much active in Bangladesh," he says. 

When he isn't working, the actor is one party animal, who doesn't just live it up in Mumbai's swish circles but also in Hollywood. Recently, he celebrated wife Bhavna's birthday in New Yorkand landed up at actor Gerard Butler's home after the party. "We celebrated Bhavna's birthday in the posh NYC nightclub, Box and it was quite exciting to meet Gerard. I'd previously metRobert Downey Jr as well at a charity dinner in LA and was absolutely thrilled because I'm a big fan of his. He was intrigued to know that he has a huge fan following in India. We even spoke about his sunglasses collection as I have a fetish for them too." 

Last month, Chunky even met Lady Gaga along with wife Bhavna and their two little daughters, Ananya and Rysa. "We all met Lady Gaga in Delhi and she even sang a song for Ananya on that day, which was her birthday. I keep pulling her leg saying, 'Lets see how your husband will match up to this. As a dad, I got Lady Gaga to sing a birthday song for you'," quips Chunky, who reveals that Lady Gaga even complimented his moutsached look in "Housefull 2". She thought Chunky looked like legendary rocker Freddy Mercury from Queen of "Radio Gaga" fame. Reportedly, it was this hit track that inspired her to name herself Lady Gaga. 

No comments:

Post a Comment