Wednesday 28 December 2011

Anjana Sukhani learns shooting


Recently, Anjana Sukhani was in Delhi to meet her friends, and it was during that visit that she thought of doing something she has never done - shoot a gun. "I thought, 'let's try something different this time.' Since I have a lot of friendsin Delhi, I was visiting them there and we all went to the shooting range there," Anjana told us.
The model-actress added, "I've always had an interest in shooting and since I have never done it before, I thought of trying my hand at it." Interestingly, Anjana had the perfect teacher to guide her through her first lesson - Ronjan Sodhi, one of the world's best trap shooters. "Ronjan Sodhi is a delight to watch. He taught me and I had a nice conversation with him. I met his coach too," Anjana said.
So how was the experience of holding a gun? "My initial shots were pathetic as the gun was very heavy and you need to align your eyesight with the target, but most importantly, you need to have the strength in your arms. I did different kinds of shooting, and also tried my hand at shooting with a pistol."
While talking about the kind of shooting she did in her childhood days - shooting those little balloons at the melas - she said, "As a kid, I have done a lot of shooting in the mela where you have those different stalls put up." And then finally, the actress let the cat out of the bag about the real reason behind her sudden surge of interest in the sport. "I am preparing for any action role that comes my way in the future," she told us. Oh well, it's best to be prepared, wotsay?

No comments:

Post a Comment