Monday 29 August 2011

I didn't want to hurt anyone: Rakhi Sawant


Rakhi Sawant doesn't have any qualms in speaking her mind. And she says she is content about the fact that she doesn't have to mince words to impress people.
At least, she has the courage to speak what she believes in. When we asked Rakhi about a complaint that Manoj Karwasra, an activist lodged with SP, Hisar against her for speaking against Team Anna, she said, "My intention wasn't to hurt anyone. And if people are hurt with my opinion (she had referred to Arvind Kejriwal, Kiran Bedi and Prashant Bhushan as 'Kaliyug ke Rawan'), I apologise for it. But we belong to a democratic nation, so why should we not be allowed to speak what we believe in?" As Rakhi says, she was highly disappointed with the way people, who called themselves Anna supporters misbehaved with aamjuntaand cops. "How can people who call themselves Anna supporters attack cops? "I was upset when I heard this news. After all, I'm a cop's daughter. And my father never accepted money from anyone. If cops are behaving properly, why should they be attacked? This is what made me make that comment. People should not be influenced to do which is not correct.I believe we should be respectful towards the cops. It is because of them that we are able to live our lives peacefully."
Has it ever happened that she was asked by corrupt officials to pay a few extra bucks to get work done? "To be honest, it is the fear that works as a deterrent in my case. Kisi ki itni himmat haikiRakhi se paise maange. People know if they do any thing of this sort, I will raise my voice. That's how it should always be. We all need to drill that fear in people's minds to ensure we are not considered as vulnerable. Maine apne kaam ladke karwaein hain. I have never bribed anyone and I'm proud of it," she says. People certainly need to follow this, Rakhi!

No comments:

Post a Comment