Tuesday 23 August 2011

I would love to work with Murugadoss: Sonam Kapoor

Dynamite they say comes in small packages. Case in point is A R Murugadoss. The puny director has left a lasting impression on Bollywood with hisGhajini (2008). 

So much so that even today his name is being bandied about for films with the Hindi film industry top brass like Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan and now, Sonam Kapoor. While the South media has been constantly speculating whether Priyanka Chopra or Sonam will bag Murugadoss' next opposite Vijay; both the girls deny the offer point-blank.

Sonam however says, "I am a chip off the old block. My father Anil Kapoor has the highest regard for filmmakers from the South and I'm no different.'' Anil had started his career with Mani Ratnam's Kanada film Pallavi Anu Pallavi three decades ago. Now Sonam wants to work with Mani Ratnam, Murugadoss and other talents from down South. She says, "I have been following media reports on my being offered Viswaroopam and Murugadoss Sir's films. I'm flattered that these filmmakers are considering me for roles; if they are. But neither of these offers have come to me directly. I would love to work with Murugadoss Sir. To me, a director is of prime importance when greenlighting a project. My role, the hero and other aspects come later."

No comments:

Post a Comment