Monday 29 August 2011

I'm just an actor, Messi is a Rockstar: Ranbir Kapoor

God of Football Lionel Messi is coming to play a friendly match with his Argentinian team at Kolkata on September 2. B-Town actors are super excited and most of them who are planning to go and watch the match, may get lucky to meet Messi. 

Not just that. All feel, that India should get more such international football stars to encourage the growth of football as a sport in India. 

Ranbir Kapoor 
I'm just an actor, Messi is a Rockstar. I'm counting the days to being able to see him play here in India. I am doing my best to clear the decks to go and watch Argentina play in Kolkata. It bothers me hugely that even with a huge population we don't play this beautiful game as well as so many other countries. More visits by international football stars, I hope, will inspire kids here. If I wasn't an actor, I would have played professional football. Or atleast struggled to get into the team. 

Abhishek Bachchan 
Messi is one of the best players in the world. And the Argentinian team is a very exciting team to watch. It's wonderful that FIFA is looking to India as a football friendly country. There's a lot of wonderful footballing talent in our country and I believe that football will be the next big sport here after cricket. I would have loved to go and watch the match and meet Messi too, but I am shooting in Jaipur so I can't attend. 

John Abraham 
I am very excited that Messi is coming to India. He is by far the best footballer in the world and it will be great to have him here. It's important to get international players like Messi to India as his visit will encourage the youth to play football more.Unfortunately, I won't be able to go for the match as I am shooting. 

Sunil Shetty 
My son Ahaan is a huge fan of Messi. It's great today we are getting international footballers like him to India. After watching Messi play, 100 children will want to play football. India is a huge developing market for football now. According to some kids today, football is more of a team event than cricket. 

Sohail Khan 
Messi is undoubtedly the best today. Kids need heroes to follow, apart from in life. In football Messi is the biggest. It's lovely that he is coming down to India. I would love to meet him. 

Vivek Oberoi 
Football is a great sport that is always relegated to the back of the priority line because of the focus on cricket in india. These kind of sporting events and visiting icons like Messi will capture the imagination of young Indians and give a boost to football in India. I wish I could meet Messi and get a soccer ball autographed for my nephew who loves football and is a messi fan. It all depends on my shooting schedules, I am just keeping my fingers crossed. 

Ranveer Singh 
I am super excited and would have loved to meet him, but unfortunately I will be shooting. It gives the youth a chance to see and meet their idol which is always great. It not only helps in the betterment of the game but also in the betterment of the youth and society in general. These kind of things spread positivity through the joy of sports. 

Dino Morea 
I have been invited by the Kolkata Football Association to go watch the match where Messi will be playing. So yes, I am there, watching him live. I definitely feel more international players should be brought down as that will inspire more youngsters to get involved with the sport. 

The Times of India football contest 
Is Messi greater than Maradona? 
Log on to footballfest.timesofindia.com to share the reasons for your choice. 
Or sms FEST your views to 58888 to win complimentary invites for the Argentina vs Venezuela FIFA friendly match on September 2nd in Kolkata 

No comments:

Post a Comment