Saturday 20 August 2011

The wait was worth it: Ayesha Takia

Ayesha Takia considers herself lucky to have bagged the films that she has. "I've been fortunate enough to get female-oriented films in a male-dominated industry. 

There are only a few filmmakers who present a woman's perspective in their films. And Nagesh Kukunoor is one of those filmmakers," says Ayesha, who is waiting for the release of her next film, Mod, directed by Nagesh.

Ayesha admits that although she loves romantic films, she looks for roles that allow her to showcase her acting prowess. "I am a big-time sucker for romantic flicks but Nagesh's films bring forth a new me and give me an opportunity to display my acting talent," she says.

Like all married Bollywood female actors, Ayesha also took a sabbatical after she married Farhan Azmi in 2009. Ask her if her decision to take a break was a good one, she says, "Of course, it was. The break has been fabulous. Though I dated Farhan for seven years, which is a pretty long time, before finally tying the knot, the past two-and-a-half years have given us time to know each other better\. And it also gave me an opportunity to make a comeback with another intense role in Mod. I guess it was worth the wait."

No comments:

Post a Comment