Friday 26 August 2011

I will strip for Anna: Yuvraaj Parashar

Anna Hazare's anti-corruption campaign is gaining support from all corners of India, and the Bollywood fraternity is not far behind. Joining the crusade is model-turned-actor Yuvraaj Parashar

"I will strip for Anna. He is like a God to me," says Yuvraaj, adding, "I am totally inspired by Anna Hazare. Woh humein batana chahte hain ki humein apne haq ke liye ladna chahiye. And this is why I am giving my support to his cause, totally." The actor, who is totally in awe of Anna Hazare, cannot stop talking about his unyielding support to him. "Anna itne buzurg hone ke baad bhi itna kuch kar rahe hain desh ke liye. He has not eaten food for so many days, aur main jab khana khata hun mujhe sharm aati hain apne aap par. Ek Indian hone ke naate mujhe lagta hain sab ko Anna ko support karna chahiye. It is a reality... we all know that na Anna ko Prime Minister banne ka shauk hain, na unko publicity ka shauk hain. Kahin na kahin unse inspire hoke main yeh stand lena chahta hoon."

And that's not all that's on Yuvraaj's mind. The "Dunno Y... Na Jaane Kyon" actor, says, "I am really concerned about the state of affairs in Mumbai. There are large potholes all over the city which create huge problems for the aam janta during the monsoons. But, people are least bothered. Mujhe lagta hain yeh koi mamuli problem nahi hain, main sheher ke liye sochta hun. I wanted to highlight this issue. I feel yeh bhi ek brashtachaar ka hissa hain," he says, adding, "Few days back, I saw an old lady who was just about to fall in a pothole and no one was helping her. It's disgusting to see that people don't even bother to help."

But why does he want to take the extreme step of stripping? Won't a simple mic and slogans do? "Yes I did say I will strip, but only if they fail to understand the problem. I said it because I know for sure that in this country, if you have to do something, you have to take up a strong step. Agar hume apni cheez batane mein itni mushkil nahi hoti toh stripping karne ki baat ke bare main bolna hi nahi parta. Agar easily yeh kaam ho jata to Anna, joh itne time se fast main hain, unhe bhi yeh sab karne ki zaroorat nahi hoti." Yuvraaj adds, "Mera intention strip karne ka nahi hain, mera intention kapre utarne ka nahi hain, mera intention cheezo ko sahi karne ka hain. Maine kaha hain ki strip karunga agar unhone woh kaam complete nahi kiya toh."

Asked directly if he's hoping to get publicity through Anna's anti-corruption campaign, he clarifies, "Today, Bollywood is fully supporting Anna's cause. There's nothing wrong in it. We're not supporting it as actors, we're supporting as Indians. I'm not doing anything for publicity. I'm just a normal person and I want to highlight the issues that cause problems for the society."

And he's resolute in his step - of stripping. "Agar woh meri baat nahi maanege toh main zaroor strip karunga. Par main umeed karta hun ki woh meri baat man jaaye aur us naubat tak nahi jaana parega. I am asking what's my right. Also, about the potholes problems... There are so many accidents that can take place due to the potholes.I mainly want to highlight that this is not a small issue, but a serious one."

If he's a strong supporter of Anna, then why didn't we see him at the Azad Maidan? "I haven't been able to go to Azad Maidan. But If I get a chance then will try to visit."

No comments:

Post a Comment